Don’t Read This If You Like Muzzard.
Obviously the nerves are getting to me somewhat. Haven’t been able to stop thinking about it all day and had many nightmares of Murray winning last night. Federer played brilliant tennis over Tsonga, and I just hope he can bring that kind of form against Murray.
Federer’s interviews last night were classic. How anyone can find them cocky is ridiculous. He was clearly joking! Even called Muzzah a nice guy. I think the relationship between these two isn’t one of mutual dislike as many suggest. I think perhaps they get on Ok, it is just Federer has very little respect for Murray’s playing style. Which is basically the reason a lot of people dislike him. That and a monotone… anyway.
Murray needs this Slam more than Federer. But let’s look at what each have to play for.
Murray needs the AO because:
– He hasn’t won a Slam yet, he won’t win the French, and the pressure at Wimbledon will be unbearable if he comes in Slamless. Having said that, if he wins, the British press will not shut up like most people think. They’ll harp on about more things, and the pressure to win Wimbledon will never go away. Unless he wins it… but then it probably still won’t.
– Del Potro has already won one. That leaves Muzzah as the only top five player without a Slam.
– It will prove that his pushing game can win Slams, unlike other people (look at moi) suggest.
– Judy Murray will be happy.
Reasons Federer needs to win:
– He can show the world that fatherhood hasn’t slowed him down.
Yeah, that’s about it. Aside from the fact that he needs to save tennis from a whiny Scotsman who plays pushing tennis and has horrible teeth.